December 29, 2006

Dragged, kicking and screaming, into blogdom

I hate blogs. But then, I work in online marketing. So I "get" to read the sort of trite, garbage that would-be journalists post, lauding themselves as legitimate sources of news and entertainment or making other absurd claims.

What is the point of this blog? Not having to send you email to be sure. See, if you come here to read this I don't have to make sure that I included you on the email that had our latest pictures, etc. And if you don't come here to read this then it's your own fault.

Hopefully, I can pawn off this whole blog posting business on my wife. Either way you can expect to see approximately 8 posts before we abandon the project altogether. If I do most of the posts you can plan on a solid balance of jaded cynicism, geeky jokes that you probably won't get, and sarcasm, interspersed with occasional mania.

What was our blogging inspiration? Mostly the fact that everyone else is doing it. If I wasn't terminally lazy I would use a cooler blogging software like WordPress.

Anyway, enjoy and leave comments if you are bored at work.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I was pointed to your blog because of the blog safety info. I am a paranoid mother who wonders just how dangerous it is to blog. So, I appreciated your knowledge on the subject. That being said, I cannot wait for Monte and Morgan to see your blog. Morgan has been saying that guys should be the ones doing the posts because it would be a lot more entertaining and the subject matter would span to other subjects besides kids. Your humor and outlook is right up their alley - they are going to love it! Also... big congratulations to you and Kristy about the baby news!