January 2, 2007

Do you want my job?

Happy New Year everyone. To my surprise, I got three comments on my last post. This is interesting to me because I only told one person that I had even started this blog. Unfortunately for you, now that we've outed our most exciting piece of news, the majority of future posts will be exhaustive and dull.

One thing that I didn't mention in the last post was that I got promoted at work. This seems insignificant when I'm at home and thinking about the changes coming to our homelife. But the significance comes crashing back home when I arrive at work.

Beginning February 1st I will be managing the email marketing for Sierra Trading Post. I currently manage something called Affiliate Marketing for Sierra. Between now and February 1st I will be hiring and training someone for my position, training another person we hired, learning the ropes on the new position, and going to conferences in San Fran and Las Vegas. Needless to say, I'm pretty anxious to find some eligible candidates for my current position.

If anyone knows someone who's web-savvy (this means you at least know some HTML), driven and wants to learn a whole bunch of stuff in not a whole bunch of time, let me know. Marketing experience is a plus. Wait, isn't my sister in marketing?

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Yes, sister IS in marketing...but has no degree in marketing, only a slight idea of what html is and doesn't particularly care to live in Cheyenne. Good thought though. I would look like a loser following you up in a marketing position.
Speaking of changes in your home life due to baby...you have NO idea all of the changes you will experience! It's wonderful though! Brookie is so much fun.
You said in an earlier post to leave comments when we are bored at work...so that's what I'm doing.
Love you.

Anonymous said...

GUESS I'LL LEAVE A COMMENT FROM WORK TOO (SHOUTING OF COURSE AS I USE ALL CAPS AT WORK & IT'S SOOOO HARD TO TURN OFF THE ALL CAPS! :)) MISSED YOU NEW YEARS! GLAD YOU'RE BLOGGING...