August 11, 2008

Old News, But Fun News


We went to "cornland" to visit my family. It was lots of fun. This is a picture of Uncle Justin, Nora, and my niece(Senna) and nephew(Ocean) at "The Ledges," a park that has a creek that runs through it. It was so pretty. It recently flooded really bad and we could see the damage it had done to the whole area. This area was unaffected.



Here is an affected area.



Nora got to play with her cousins. I think Glade is spanking the baby...that cracks me up for some reason. Is that bad of me?



Getting some shooting in out in the field.



My uncle built this amazing stream that runs through his backyard. The man can pretty much do whatever he puts his mind to. It is quite a hit with the children...and me too. I want to play in it all day long.





Nora testing out the stream for herself. It was a bit cold for her to sit in.



Annie, the porch pooch. She is a sweetie, and a really pretty porch pooch too.



Hubby about to take the plunge from the tree house.



Now catching his breath after the adrenalin rush. It's scarier than it looks because you feel like you're gonna fall right when your letting go to swing. The let-go is a total leap of faith.



Just thinking back about a year ago. This is one of my favorite pictures of Nora when she was first born. I'm not quite sure why...Maybe it's her first (really alert) look into the world.



This must be the last pregnant picture of me. Not sure about the expression on my face.

3 comments:

Gramma Myrna said...

Great pictures. I really like the stream. What a lot of work.

Nora looks like she's really taking in the spanking, checking out exactly how it's done! :)

PG women aren't accountable for the looks on their faces when they're in labor! :) I think you looked great.
Gramma M

Jocelyn said...

Great post...the labor look is something to look forward to...

Carin said...

I like that stream, reminds me of the one at CFD with the mine shaft there. I won a kit from Sawyer Waterscaping and still haven't put it up.

That sure sure looks like a great time you had!

I think we forget labor on purpose, so we're willing to do it all again.