December 5, 2008

Wordle is Neatle

I just discovered Wordle. It takes a sample of text from the RSS feed of your blog (auto-generated by most blogging software) and creates a cloud of text. The bigger the words, the larger they appear in the resulting image.

This variation of the tag cloud concept is not really useful per se but as a designer and a programmer I think it's super cool how they analyze the density of keywords (something I have actually written a keyword density analysis tool to do) and then create such an artful arrangement of text. The typography is really neat and you can customize a lot of settings to tune the resulting cloud to your desire. One thing that I did notice using this is that one of us (I blame wifey) frequently forgets to put a space after a period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is cool looking. Mom