January 14, 2009

38 weeks!

I am actually at 36 or 37 weeks here and it's a horrible picture of me (do I look like a deer caught in headlights, or what?). It is a good documentation of my tummy size, though. You can see that my shirt doesn't fit any longer.

This was taken just last night at this boy's gramma and grampa's house. I am now at 38 weeks. I kinda have a bullet shape going on, but at least this shirt fits. I look like a rosey cheeked Santa Clause, minus the white hair. Put me in a costume at the mall and I'm sure all the little boys and girls would be flocking toward me at the speed of light with questions, concerns and/or thanks for their Christmas gifts.

I am working on a "quilt" here. Maybe I should also say: "working," as I am pretending to work on it. I bought this fantastic pre-quilted material from Hobby Lobby that I thought was really cute and put some batting and a backing on it and, walla! A quilt. To make it more quilt-like I am sewing yarn in swirly designs all over the quilt. It will also help keep it together in the washing machine...A lesson I have learned from previously made "quilts."
Sorry, Punkin' Face, your quilt is one that is messed up from the washing machine. It's pretty bad though, since it was my first attempt at a real-ish quilt and it's just kinda ugly. I'll have to make a new one for her some day.

Now a little about our Punkin' Face. This picture was taken a few weekends ago at Auntie and Uncle's place. She really likes things that rock. Other recent things/updates about our little girl:

She's been doing this downward facing dog pose or, what the people at Stride call, the bear pose. It's pretty cute to see her little tush high up in the air.

Stride gave us this blue booster chair to use for a while and Punkin' Face has been standing up to it and crawling into it, which has been exciting to see. Other things she has stood up to include her crib and some low laundry baskets. Sometimes she pushes just with her arms to get to standing and other times she gets up the same way she does her downward facing dog pose. It's her little funny way of learning, I guess. The other day I walked in to her room after a nap to find her standing in her crib. It was very exciting to see. That excitement faded a little when a few days later I heard a thud and came into her room to find her on the floor, on her back crying next to her crib. I guess it's time to move the mattress down, poor thing.

With therapy we've been working on her disassociating her legs because she would always use them in unison before. For instance, her frog-hop way of crawling. She is getting much better at this and the therapist noticed a big improvement since before the Christmas break. She is crawling more the "normal" way...about 50/50 I would say. She is also crawling up to low things, like the couch cushions and her little, blue booster chair. Sometimes she can even crawl back down from them.

Stairs are another thing she is getting better at, but will not do it on her own. She doesn't get the backward, going down part yet, but on a good day with just a little prompting will crawl up the stairs (she needs prompting at each step).

Still no words...Except the other day I was playing with her with a puppy and kept saying "puppy" and barking. She said "puppy!" clear as a bell and then never again. She did the same thing when Mom was visiting around Thanksgiving with the word "peaches." Clear as a bell and then never again. So, it has me puzzled. Was it just a coincidence? Kinda weird coincidence though. Hmmmm. Makes me wonder if she'll be one of those kids who all of a sudden start speaking in full sentences out of the blue one day. ???

She jabbers and jabbers some times...or most of the time. It's pretty cute. We have these little pet store characters that we don't let her play with because she can fit the entire animal in her mouth (somewhat of a choking hazard). For a while we had them at the top of our 5' dresser. She would spot them and just start talking to them very excitedly. She does that to whatever she can't touch and wants to. At gramma and grampa's they have a ceramic moose with a plant in it that she isn't allowed to touch. She loves it so much though and always heads straight for it to chat with it. As long as we are right next to her saying "No" she doesn't touch it, but I imagine if we weren't there she would have a hay day with it and it would be in pieces all over the tile it rests on. Basically she loves anything with a face. But, she always goes straight for the head/face of these poor creatures and chomps them to show her affection, showering them with drool and bite marks. Makes me a little worried for her soon-to-be brother.

Until next time.... And please pass on the word that we've updated since it is a rare occasion that we do. Next post will likely be the new arrival. I would have liked to post our trip home before then, but I just don't think it's gonna happen that way.

9 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the update! So glad she is progressing so quickly. Waiting in anticipation for news of you going into labor...

Carin said...

I't won't be long now. I'm sure you are more than ready to meet this little boy.

Nora is so cute, maybe sometime you could get her jabbering on video and post it. I love the way she just goes on and on. I bet you are right, one day she will just start talking. Bode doesn't talk either. Maybe mama but that's about it. However, today he is VERY good at crying. sigh.

Thanks for the update!!!!

Daily Offensive (baha!) said...

Ugh. You look entirely too beautiful for being so close and probably absolutely miserable. ;) I cant wait till you guys have him!

Nora is gorgeous as always, with obviously, no lack of energy. You're one tough lady...chasing one around while one is running laps on the inside!

*praying for you (all) as big things are coming up! Should you need anything, please let me know!

-Nomz

Gramma Myrna said...

A great post. I'm glad I emailed you the pictures this morning! :) I have some other really cute ones but thought I'd better burn them and give them to you. Several cute videos of her rocking and singing in the rocking chair. She's such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Good to check in on you all. Will be waiting to hear the exciting news!! All the best to you!

Ralna

Gena said...

Thanks for the update! Been thinking about you and wondering if there was any news yet! Love the belly pictures! Cute and glowing! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a very complete update on things from your house. We will be waiting for the news of the new babies arrival!! Linda

cheyest said...

I've been checking faithfully for an update. Thanks for all the news. It was fun to have a little visit tonight.

candy said...

You DO look so cute :) I've been thinking about you lots lately too...can't wait to hear what day this little man will pick for his birthday.
hugs.