January 30, 2009

Just a quick update from November before we put up any new stuff...stuff that people really want to see.

We took a trip home to visit Dad and Grampa and Gramma and some friends too. It was beginning November, so it was pretty cold. We stayed most the time at D&D's who live in a little cabin on about 5 acres of land with llamas. It was so pretty to see again. Here we are with Reubenetta. Punkin's first llama ride.


It was really cold. It doesn't look too bad, but it was a wet, windy cold. We weren't very well prepared...I had to borrow a coat from Dad and as you can see in the upcomming picture I look like a green marshmallow. It was the only coat that was large enough to fit me.This one is of our little girl in the barn on some straw bales before she started crying. I don't think she liked how they felt.


We went bowling at this really hip bowling lane. I had to do the granny bowl because it really hurt my back...I think I won if I remember correctly, but I'm not telling my score (it was bad even though I won). I think I only won because Dad was palming the bowling ball.
We visited the domes one night and got to see it in the "moonlight," a special feature they have there. It was pretty cool, but we don't have any really good pictures because of the poor lighting.


Here's a poor picture of us at the domes:
Here we went to see the lake. It was also really cold here, so we couldn't stay long, but I think I was the only one sad about that. The lake was one of my favorite spots to visit. Beaches like these that were pretty much secluded...or at least not visited too much by others. We even got a nice family picture.
There was this really nasty, big, half dead fish that Daddy is showing Punkin here.
Fun with Grampa!
Went out to eat with some friends.

Great Grampa sharing an ice cream cone.

We sure had a nice time visiting up North. Hubby enjoyed racing some RC cars with my Uncle. It was nice to see my Dad's family...It had been way too long.
Then one of our last events was trying to hook up with an old friend of mine from college. She stood us up! Sort of. I was really bummed, but we had a nice cup of cider in a cute cafe while waiting...and waiting...

I'm very sad that I somehow didn't get pictures of our visit to Bob's house. It was a pretty crazy day that day though and it just didn't happen, but it was really nice to see Bob and his daughter and her kids and then a couple of the neighbors came over, who I hadn't seen in over a year, so that was also nice to catch up with them.

Well, it's been a really long and picturesome blog post that was overdue. Hope you enjoyed a little. I wanted to post more pictures but the number of pics is already getting to the rediculous point.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Kristy! Looks like you guys had fun. :) Next time you're over to visit your mom & sis we'll have to get together!

-Jenni Schieuer

Gramma Myrna said...

That daddy looks like he really loves that little girl! :) Great post. Thanks for all the pictures of all of you.

Jocelyn said...

Yeah, I liked that post, but I would also like photos of Coen :) Or maybe I should just come visit.

Carin said...

Looks like such a fun time. Justin looks soooo tired in that one pic. You are such a fun family.