August 24, 2009

Mahogany Gibson Les Paul Studio


Astute musicians amongst you will know that the guitar legend, Les Paul, just passed away. I've wanted a Gibson Les Paul for quite awhile. I originally didn't like them but while I worked as a guitar tuner for a Wisconsin band one summer, I really built an appreciation for the playability, versatility, beauty and history of the Les Paul.

Today (well, it's almost yesterday at this point) we had an appointment for Nora. On the way home we stopped at one of my favorite places: Guitar Center. I've had my eye on various versions of the Gibson and Epiphone Les Paul guitars. The Epiphone versions are similar in playability and about 30-50% of the cost of their Gibson brethren but really lack in both aesthetics and hardware quality (which is very important in an electric).

Long story short, I fell in love with a solid mahogany Gibson Les Paul studio and had to take it home with me. It is really a beautiful guitar with an excellent sound and very, very nice playability.

I had to post this tonight because some of my fellow guitarists saw my Twitter and wanted to see pics! Here you are my friends...the pictures don't tell how it feels to play but it shore is purty too :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beauty! Anxious to hear you play it. Mom

Carin said...

Wow, that is really cool! Will you be able to post a vid of you playing it??? Pleeeeze =)