April 29, 2010

Dress Up To Cure Fundraiser Day

A coworker snapped this ridiculous picture of me today. I came to work dressed as a nerd (bring on the "clever" comments) for Nora's Dress Up To Cure day. To my surprise, as of this posting, friends and coworkers have donated almost $170 for the cause. Because a lot of people just gave me funny looks, I taped a sign to my back that says:

KICK ME
(and pledge $5 to cure Rett Syndrome)

Lots of people chipped in with $5 and several for more. A few also took advantage of the kick...Kristy and the kids dressed up too but I don't have pictures of them so Kristy will have to add them later.

In other news, I created a Zazzle site for Nora. Zazzle is a site that allows you to design and sell t-shirts. You can mark them at whatever price you want (above their prices) and sell them for free or profit. Nora has a lot of supporters both in spirit and that have actually donated. Most of the donations go to fund a cure for Rett Syndrome but we also are going to start a special needs trust to help cover her health costs if something happens to us. This site is a start towards that goal as I am setting all proceeds aside to directly benefit Nora. Each item doesn't earn much but many have expressed enthusiasm in wearing t-shirts in the upcoming BolderBoulder race and other events. Either way, feel free to check it out by clicking on the image below:




Good times,
-J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun day and a great fund raiser. Nora has a great dad and mom. Kristy made darling cupcakes to take for snack at school. Gramma

Wifey said...

I'll post some pics when I feel better... Don't cut up mangoes without washing them and proceed to scrape the fruit off the skin with your teeth. You'll probably get sick... or have an allergic reaction to who knows what...blech! Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Kristy said...

I love that shirt! Way to go Team Nora!