September 6, 2010

Badly Needed Update #1: Camping in the Snowies

So, it has been quite some time since an update. I have at least 3 I can think of including this camping update. So, hopefully in the next few weeks we will get all caught up.
As the title mentions, we went camping in the Snowies over the 4th of July weekend. It was the perfect camping trip of all times. Except I didn't catch any fish. In fact, I don't remember fishing at all. Hmmm... so much for my season fishing license. Yikes! I better go soon! Anyway, this picture is of all of us before our hike to the falls, but first we decided to get the truck stuck in the river, which proved to be as fun as it sounded (no pics of that, sorry).
Other events we took on were, sitting by the fire, of course.
Learning to walk. (Yay, Nora!!!)
Running up the trail being boys.
Running up the trail being girls.
Playing with fire.
Enjoying a hot cup of coffee in the morning light.
Escaping the suffocating grasp of the dreaded fire smoke. (Yes, my son is retreating into the arms of a girl...I have some work to do.)

Looking pretty for the camera:


Playing house in the truck bed.
Posing around the camp fire for a group picture.
Zonking out on the road home. Dirty faces and all!!
note: You'll have to visit the Aaron and Clan pictures for captured memories of our newly founded head dunking tradition.

6 comments:

candy said...

Oh my word, that picture of Coen avoiding the smoke is SOO funny! I really think you could enter it in a magazine photo contest with a funny caption.
I was thinking there would be a picture in there of the guys holding up a tree? ;)
Hugs!
c

Teri said...

such darling little urchins...thanks for the pics! :)fun times...great memories for your little ones...

Wifey said...

Someone else would have to write the caption... Hubby??

And about the tree pic... No, I'm not going there. ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. Cute pictures... Gramma

All American Family said...

awww...what fun! Glad you put up another post. I'll miss seeing y'all at Texarkana this year, but I'm glad I got to meet you last year. Yay for Nora trying to walk!!

Anonymous said...

It was fun to check in with you tonight. It looks like Nora had a great birthday and it looks like you all had a fun camping trip. I could go for that!! Take care, Linda