March 22, 2007

It's A Girl (we think)

Well, you probably figured out by the title of this post that Wifey got an ultrasound today. Lots of our friends lately have had little baby girls so we were sorta hoping for a boy to mix things up a little. That being said, we were not disappointed to find that Wifey is, most likely, carrying a little girl. I have taken the liberty of posting the poor girl's picture right out here in public, girly bits and all, properly labeled and identified. Sorry kid but there ain't much to see anyway. If you're not offended by murky sonar images of naked babies, then scroll on down.


Below is the first portrait of our baby girl. It's kinda like one of those 3D magic-eye pictures. If you sorta squint at it, cock your head, and back up a few feet, you can almost make out a human-like face.


And the last pic is her foot. They measured a bunch of different bits of anatomy: spine, head, guts, etc. and finally determined that she ought to be a roughly-normalish kid. It's pretty fascinating to see everything where it's supposed to be, heart pumping and all. Miraculous. Speaking of the heart, I got to hear the little ticker on the ultrasound machine. Have you ever taken a two-liter bottle or a milk jug and upended it? The baby's heart sounds pretty much like that "BLUBG-BLUBG" sound that water chugging out of a bottle makes.


After looking at that little foot (not quite an inch long) I shudder to think how many pairs of tiny baby shoes wifey will come home with tomorrow. She was already eyeballing some tiny Puma's at the mall. I admit, they were pretty cute.

Now excuse me while I go talk to my shrink about living with two females in the same house.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. That was great. I can tell she's a doll already! :) What fun for Brooklyn to have a girl cousin. It would have been fun for her to have a boy cousin to boss around too. :)

Jocelyn said...

We are so excited! Craig is doing pretty good sharing the house with three females (if you count Sadie). Girls are lots of fun.

Kate said...

Hey Congrats from Chris, Kate and Fish! We have our "find out hopefully appt." in April. :)

candy said...

Justin, You will make such a good daddy for a little girl. We are so happy for you both. Come see us.

Anonymous said...

Duh, you grew up in a house with 2 females, oh...is that the problem? I grew up in a house with 3 females (not counting myself). No wonder I'm such a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on yer baby girl. Send more pictures, I'm probably the only one who can actually see what they are without cocking my head, backing up and squinting!!

Jocelyn said...

Aunt Beth:
I think I could have figured it out in good time-all except for the elbow...I'm like...is the baby already blowing bubbles?!