April 18, 2007

Random Update

So, dearest blog readers, I know we haven't been posting so much lately. There hasn't been that much news. Here's a brief synopsis of recent events.

  1. On Recording: Well, Kristy and I have both had a bunch of allergy problems. I had a tenacious sinus infection, which was largely unpleasant. Anyway, this means that I have done very little with the microphone lately because my head has been full of snot. I will probably mess around with it in spurts...I have a lot of hobbies so I rotate focus on them continually.
  2. On Babies: Our baby has been beating my wife. From the inside. She kicks hard enough that you can see Kristy's shirt move. If you've never felt a baby kick I guess I could best describe it as feeling like a cat, moving around inside a beach ball full of jello. I have never put a cat inside a beach ball full of jello. You are sick to have assumed that. I'm not sure you could even get jello inside a beach ball.
  3. On Nerd Activities: Our town has a pretty unreliable power source. Every time there are power fluctuations it really screws up my computer and server systems. So, I got an Uninterrupted Power Supply and have the core components plugged into that. It has already gone on battery backup twice (in half a week) due to power flux. The power seems to hit 130+ volts (120 is normal) pretty regularly, which is probably not good for sensitive electronics.
  4. On Family: The family met last Sunday to hear my grandparents tell about how they met our friends years ago and other interesting stories about folks we've known for years became friends.
  5. On April: Well, the ol' April Fool's joke post kinda backfired. I was going to do a followup post but there were enough comments that mentioned it was a joke that I decided not to. I forgot that comments don't show up on the post in list view and a week later (after it was no longer April Fools) the joke played out in force. Sorry to the folks who were seriously concerned that we're moving.
  6. On Spring Break: Wifey went to IA to visit family for her spring break. They threw her a nice baby shower out there and she had a good time. I have a picture of wifey on my coffee mug at work, she's all skinny and holding a fishing pole up in the mountains. Sometimes it slips my mind that she's currently pregnant, fat and sassy (and obviously doesn't read everything I post on this blog, heh heh). Anyway, I asked her if she was playing paintball with her cousins, which we did last time we were out there. I think she thought I had lost my mind but in retrospect, it was darn funny to imagine my pregnant wife stomping around with a paintball gun.
  7. On Virginia Tech: Sometimes I think our country is really, really screwed up. Then I remember that some countries live with these events every day. I hope that somehow, our activities in Iraq and other places around the world are doing some good.
  8. On Drugs: I was just required to attend a Meth Awareness Class at work to help us determine if our employees or interviewees are potential Meth users. It was interesting, Meth is a disturbing drug. The ironic thing is that pro-drug magazines, such as High Times and some others, actually warn their readers against Meth. So, even the "drug industry" thinks Meth is a bad drug (I don't read pro-drug magazines, they told us that in the class). When a coke dealer says "That's some bad stuff" you know you shouldn't be putting it in your body!
  9. On Physical Fitness: This guy at work is a pretty hardcore marathon and triathlon athlete. It's kinda inspiring. He was telling me about this event called the Muddy Buddy that's toward the end of the summer (Aug 19th) in Boulder. It sounds kinda fun but I am in terrible shape. I keep feeling sort of motivated to run but thankfully I keep quashing that ambition. Basically, the Muddy Buddy is two buddies with one mountain bike. You take turns running and riding on and off over a 6-7 mile course with several obstacles. Oh, and it ends with a crawl through a mud pit. I was going to the gym pretty regular but that has sorta dived off lately. I truly detest running but I do love to bike. It's hard to imagine myself as one of those fitness wackos...I like donuts and computers too much.
Welp, that's the summary. Have a good week homeys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I was going to e-mail you today and see if you could do a new one. :) I'll find out from you in person who put on the METH class to see if it was one of our peeps. Enjoyed the post.

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the update...I kept watching for a new one. Not that the old one wasn't interesting, just that it's nice to hear how it's going every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Loved the general update - always fun to read what you write, no matter what it is about! Glad Kristy's pregnancy is going so well!