February 1, 2010

Last week of January... already?

Already gone, that is.


I tried to make Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo the other night and it was okay, but not the best recipe maybe... First off, don't use cooking wine when it calls for beer. Just doesn't cut it. It was too sweet, but still good. It just didn't have that Gumbo taste I was craving. Hubby got the bright idea to add Chulula to the Gumbo and then it was excellent. Way to go, Hubby! If something's not great, just add Chulula. I gotta go buy some more, we're out!


Friday we went for a stroll. This is the new bike trailer I got for 30 bucks from Salvation Army. A very good deal if you look up how much these guys are. Like, just under 200 buckaroos... I think. Anyway, it was a deal. I like to use it as a stroller for now. It's too cold for me to bike.

Coen and Nora snuggle right up in there and usually fall asleep. Nora managed to stay awake this time.




I was a little discouraged this time I went up the hill outside our subdivision. I use this route as a 2mi run and it's perfect because it's uphill the first mile and downhill the way home. And I used to run it in the evenings when the sun was going down and I had nice, little, grassy hills on both sides of me. Now there is this electrical farm on the West and on the East?...
Apartments!! Yay! I don't dislike apartments, but the ones right behind our house don't supply the worlds best neighbors. (i.e. cars driving over lots, drivers throwing certain glass bottles out their window as they drive by, cars screaming through our subdivision paying no attention to the possibilities of children in the streets, etc.) And it's definitely not as pretty as grassy hills with antelope roaming through. :( I'm not sure what I expected living in town. My idealist mind was in charge of the thought that I could have my little grassy hills in town, I guess.
Finally, Coen got his very first haircut Friday night. Now our little baby is a little boy. :( I had to cut his hair because he was starting to look goofy, I just couldn't get myself to cut it all off. So, I left the top long. This was right after his bath when his hair is more curly.
This one shows the more natural look... no Elvis do goin' on here.

Well, I stuck to my rule of posting every week so far. This is only the second week.... but, it's definitely an improvement. See you next week.

2 comments:

Gramma Myrna said...

Funny. I just got here this a.m. to see if you had posted and you had. Great job! The pictures of his new doo are cute. I have a lot of other pictures of the actual haircut. Thanks for a new post! Gramma

Unknown said...

nThanks for the update. It's not as good as being there but it helps. I will hardly know Coen when I do get to see him. Oh, and btw, we are having another blizzard today. And, did you remember it's Brooke's bday? Love, Gamom