February 22, 2007

Hired!

Well, we finally hired two people for my old position. One of them started this week (later nicknamed Dizzney) so I've been doing lots of training. The guy we hired doesn't have the technical (read: nerd) base that I do but he seems to have really good people skills and is catching on to stuff pretty quickly. I am very optimistic about turning the program over to him.

We have another guy starting in March that I will be training to take over another chunk of my old job. Turning the rest of this stuff over will be a huge relief since I have lots to do with my new position. I have been approached about speaking at a conference in Chicago in September. I get the feeling that my boss thinks it would be a very good idea for me to do that, which means that I have a lot to learn if I want to be able to speak confidently to a crowd of experienced marketeers. Public speaking scares me.

Wifey is doing well. We are hoping to get an ultrasound pretty soon so we can see if the baby comes with accessories.

I think this is the most boring blog post that I have ever written. The fact that you made it this far is astounding. Or maybe sad. I wanted to write something cool but I didn't have any interesting news so I tried to fudge it by talking about stuff that's going on at my job. That was probably more boring than just admitting that I didn't have anything cool to say. Maybe next post I'll try talking about the weather.

Why doesn't someone suggest something cool for me to post about so this blog doesn't continue to go downhill?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog isn't going down hill as far as I'm concerned, but then this is where I hear most of your news! :) Glad someone is hired there. Keep blogging...

Jocelyn said...

I thought it was VERY interesting...possibly because you are my brother though. Very exciting that your boss thinks you are hot stuff to go speak in Chicago. I have ultimate faith in your public speaking abilities...from what I hear, no one threw rotten tomatoes when you gave your acceptance speech for the award you won. Good luck with the non-nerdy new guy.
Sister is looking cute with peanut starting to pop out...maybe you could post a picture of her tummy sometime.
By far the most interesting news you've had for a while is BIL & I coming for supper last night with Itty Bitty. We even tried to get her to do her tricks for you! Funny...that is the most exciting thing that has happened for a while and you didn't even blog about it (yet)! :-)
Love you guys and have a good week-kiss peanut for us.