February 6, 2007

General News

Well, we don't have much new going on. I've been playing serious catch-up at work after the conference and still doing two jobs. I have a few more good candidates so hopefully we can get someone to take some of my work load pretty soon.

Wifey went to the doc last week. We were hoping to find out if it's a boy or girl but it was still to early to bother with an ultrasound. So, I left the office and right after I left they let her listen to the heartbeat. I was disappointed to miss that.

Friday night we went over to BMOC's house for an excellent dinner and some ping pong and foosball. CJ and Dwilla, from the harvest crew, stayed with us from Sat to Mon night. We had a nice dinner with NateDawg and his wifey on Sun. On Monday I taught guitar lessons and then we went over to FastLane's for dinner. DeBrew, who was staying with them, shared some miraculous stories about babies that some of our friends have adopted from Egypt. It was a busy but fun weekend.

Oh, and I have been steadily adding stuff to the cheesy space game (see last post). Last year I created a similar game and it took a few months. I learned a lot about programming and this time around it took me one week to accomplish a similar result that actually functions a lot smoother. I like programming but it's hard to come up with projects that will push my knowledge and make me learn new things. I make video games because they are actually a lot more complex than most web programming tasks and it's easier to learn when I'm making something fun. I plan to add a lot more stuff to the game if I keep working on it. I may have a freelance job coming up though, that will sideline the game project in short order!

To all a good week.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Sorry you missed the heart beat-it's good stuff. Hopefully next time. Or you could go down to Wal-Mart and buy a listen-in thingy. They sell them there.